Monday, April 26, 2010

Humor

So remember my good friend, old pal Ross? Well one thing I greatly enjoy about Ross, (ie. RSS feeds) is his sense of humor. More accurately, I enjoy how a few of the feeds to which I have subscribed stimulate MY sense of humor. I need to remember to spend more time with Ross so that I can tap into that well-developed, but oft neglected part of me. While hanging out with Ross, not only do I smile, but an audible chuckle occasionally escapes! Yes it's true.
I am grateful in general for reuniting with humor, something that was oppressed for a number of years by not so humorous circumstances. A good banter with a well-matched humorous friend (I'm referring to real friends now, no offense Ross) is invigorating, challenging, and rejuvenating, particularly when it is banter regarding a topic of substance, or of deep intellectual value. So when you need a boost, smile, laugh, read or watch something you find funny, .....or just people watch!

"A well-developed sense of humor is the pole that adds balance to your steps as you walk the tightrope of life." William Arthur Ward

"A sense of humor... is needed armor. Joy in one's heart and some laughter on one's lips is a sign that the person down deep has a pretty good grasp of life." Hugh Sidey

No comments: